lenght of papers and presentations
|400/500 words||4000/5000 words||20min|
Abstracts will be submitted to a double-blind peer review process and will be validated and accepted by the 6FMA Chairs. Reviewers will be chosen among the members of the Scientific Committee (to be announced). All accepted abstracts will be developed into papers that will be submitted for revision (under an identical process mentioned to the abstracts). Final papers will be presented at he 6FMA and published in a book.
book of abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be invited to be developed into papers to be presented at the 6FMA.
The 6FMA will have a book of abstracts ready by the symposium dates.
papers publication in book format
The FMA series had the first book published in 2018 (Formal Methods in Architecture and Urbanism) by Cambridge Scholars Publishing (CSP). In 2021, Springer published the book Formal Methods in Architecture. Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Formal Methods in Architecture (5FMA), Lisbon 2020, within the series in Advances in Sciences, Technology & Innovation. Also in 2021, the book Formal Methods in Architecture and Urbanism – Volume II will be published by CSP.
Original papers submitted to the 6FMA will also be published after the symposium.
After final papers are accepted, we are required to obtain agreements and warranties from all the participants in the Symposium, regarding:
- The authors agree with shared copyright of papers presented in the 6th International Symposium Formal Methods in Architecture. Acceptance includes giving permission to publish the paper(s) in the Conference Proceedings, published in paper and/or electronically.
- Each author warrants that the paper is his/her author's original work. If excerpts from copyrighted works, figures, diagrams, photographs, trademarks or other any other materials are included, the author must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and credit the sources in the manuscript.
- The author also warrants that the paper describes genuine research or review work, contains no defamatory or unlawful statements and does not infringe the rights of others. ETSA-UDC may assign any or all its rights and obligations under this agreement.
- If the work was prepared jointly, the author agrees to inform co-authors of the terms of the agreement and to sign on their behalf.
- All participants agree in giving permission to ETSA-UDC to publicize and publish all the photos, voice and image recordings taken during the Symposium activities.
When submitting the final paper, you will have to confirm your agreement by signing and returning a proper form given by the publisher.